Jackson Township Fire Department Covid-19 Awareness
Coronavirus (COVID-19) quickly became a global pandemic that affected the street-level operations of every public safety organization in our country. By all definitions, the crisis became a mass-casualty incident—a biological MCI. EMS and fire department training officers scrambled to find relevant fact-based training for their personnel, chiefs, supervisors, and medical directors, trying to manage risk to personnel without compromising patient care. This threat to clinicians when encountering every patient comes in the form of a highly contagious virus that has created a finite line between our safety and the expected standard of care.
The Indiana Fire Chiefs Association (IFCA) is in regular communication with the Office of the State Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Indiana Department of Health regarding the ongoing developments concerning the coronavirus. In an effort to provide our fire service community with the most up-to-date information, the IFCA has published content as a point of reference for all information and resources regarding the epidemic.
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Health Information
COVID-19 Community Levels can help communities and individuals make decisions based on their local context and their unique needs. Community vaccination coverage and other local information, like early alerts from surveillance, such as through wastewater or the number of emergency department visits for COVID-19, when available, can also inform decision-making for health officials and individuals. Hoosiers are encouraged to continue to take self-protective measures including avoiding large crowds, gatherings, events, or locations where others prevent self-protective measures from being effective.
Hamilton County Health Department COVID vaccine clinic
Hamilton County Health Department building at 18030 Foundation Drive in Noblesville, IN 46060. Please click to visit OURSHOT Registration to make an appointment and secure an available dose or you can Call 211 for assistance to register. Registered appointments minimize wait time and secure vaccine availability. Look for site name: LHD Hamilton Co HD 4H Clinic JMPVAX.
Walk-ins are welcome daily after the clinic start time and may end just prior to the last appointment based on vaccine availability. If under the age of 18 Guardian MUST be present! Received the vaccine? Make sure you sign up for the v-safe after vaccination health checker. Studies show them to be >90% effective in real-world settings in preventing mild and severe disease, hospitalization, and death.
If you have possible or confirmed COVID-19:
- Stay home from work and school. Stay away from other public places.
- Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse, call your healthcare provider immediately.
- Get rest and stay hydrated.
- If you have a medical appointment, call the doctor ahead of time and tell them that you have or may have COVID-19.
- For medical emergencies, call 911 and notify the dispatch personnel that you have or may have COVID-19.
- Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available. If you need to be around other people in or outside of the home, wear a mask.
- Avoid sharing personal items with other people in your household, like dishes, towels, and bedding.
- Clean all surfaces that are touched often, like counters, tabletops, and doorknobs. Think about the people you have recently been around. A public health worker may call you to check on your health, discuss who you have been around, and ask where you spent time while you may have been able to spread COVI0-19 to others.
- Notify any Close Contacts.
Other Resources to Read or Download:
Indiana’s Novel Coronavirus Response
FEMA Advisory: FEMA’s Role in COVID-19 Response
National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness
World Health Organization COVID-19 Response
CDC: What you need to know about 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
CDC: Handwashing and Hand Sanitizer Use
CDC: Cover Your Cough Poster
CDC: Stop the Spread of Germs
CDC: What to do if you are sick with 2019-nCoV
Jackson Township Fire Department
508 West Main Street
Arcadia, IN 46030-0552
Station Office: 317-984-3443
Station Fax: 470-748-6938
Any Emergency: Dial 911
Sheriff’s Office: 317-773-1872
Crime Stoppers of IN: 800-222-8477